This is a delicious and fresh salad that is easy to make and it looks beautiful plated. You only need a few basic ingredients. Bonus – the lemon juice keeps the avocado nice and fresh – no more brown avo in leftover salad!
- 3 – 4 cups Rocket, I use wild and normal rocket
- 1 Avocado, medium, peeled and cubed
- Parmesan, few slices to taste (I use a peeler to get the perfect thickness)
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tsp. Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. Lemon rind *OPTIONAL
- Pinch of Salt
- Pepper to taste
- Put rocket into a salad bowl.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, lemon rind, salt and pepper together, pour over rocket and toss well.
- Add cut avocado and toss again, ensuring that the avocado is covered in the salad dressing.
- Put a few shavings of Parmesan on top
- Serve with ‘braai’ meats
- Use leftovers in wraps or pitas
- Serve with leftover chicken for a quick chicken salad
- Use as a topping on a homemade pizza
Please share this post via .