I am always looking for a quick and easy recipe, using staples and leftovers in my kitchen. This recipe can be adjusted, depending on the leftovers or fresh ingredients available. I have given four filling ideas below, but feel free to experiment with other options as well. This recipe takes approximately 45 minutes (including baking time). It can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. I often serve the spinach and feta quiche with onion marmelade and a big salad.
Share your filling ideas below.
1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, grated + 2 – 3 Tbsp extra for topping
Pinch of Salt
Pepper, to taste
Filling of choice – see options below
Spinach and Feta Quiche
200g Spinach, blanched
100g Feta, cut into cubes
Bacon and Cheese Quiche
250g Bacon, diced, cooked
1 cup Mozzarella cheese, grated
Chicken and Peppadew Quiche
200g Chicken, cooked, flaked
8 – 10 Peppadews, roughly chopped
Italian Style Quiche
50g Sun-dried Tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup basil, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Prepare a round ovenproof dish (approximately 28cm) with butter and baking paper.
- Mix all egg custard ingredients together and whisk for 30 seconds.
- Choose filling and add to egg custard mixture.
- Pour mixture into ovenproof dish and top off with extra cheese.
- Bake in oven for 30 – 45 minutes until egg is cooked.
- Serve with salad or vegetables